This digital collection contains portraits of Xavier University (Cincinnati, Ohio) presidents, beginning with the first Jesuit president in 1840 through the present. Xavier University was founded in 1831 by Bishop Edward Fenwick as the Atheneaeum. In 1840 the Jesuits assumed responsibility for the college and changed its name to St. Xavier College. The name was changed to Xavier University in 1930. Since 1840, the president of the university has been a member of the Society of Jesus.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.